Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce
14-12-2009, 05:18 PM
RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce
I agree with Harry's finding his decisions harder, but I think Ruth's return has something to do with it. Harry's being more emotional. I think he wants to be a better person when she's around (I'm not saying he's not a good person without Ruth), well this has been discussed before - Ruthless Harry.

And another reason could be that he's a bit tired of taking those decisions which imply people dying.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree - he is finding the consequences of his actions harder. Maybe it's because the death toll is cranking up, maybe because of Ruth, I don't know.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
14-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I think Ruth is Harry's conscience. We see a different Harry with Ruth to what he was after Ruth left. More in tune with his gentler side apart from when Adam was killed.
14-12-2009, 08:42 PM
A fine choice for your first post - welcome!

I don't know if Ruth is exactly Harry's conscience, but there's been a lot of recent discussion on this thread about how she softens him.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
14-12-2009, 08:43 PM
JHyde, you've stopped plugging the thread! Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
14-12-2009, 08:45 PM
No, only on hello threads.

The Harry thread is special.

14-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't we all know that! (But maybe not quite as special as the Harry/Ruth thread Tongue)

14-12-2009, 08:49 PM
(14-12-2009 05:21 PM)almh Wrote:  I agree - he is finding the consequences of his actions harder. Maybe it's because the death toll is cranking up, maybe because of Ruth, I don't know.

I'm not sure we're meant to know yet. The "softer" Harry may play into a future ep
Spoiler: show
like 8.8 re Ros, for instance.

Thanks for the +rep, JHyde.Big Grin Just noticed it.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
14-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I used "softer" for being a lack of a better word.

14-12-2009, 08:53 PM
(14-12-2009 08:45 PM)almh Wrote:  Don't we all know that! (But maybe not quite as special as the Harry/Ruth thread Tongue)

Agreed.Big GrinBig Grin Why don't we have a Ruth thread?

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."