Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Tell us something about you!
13-02-2010, 12:40 PM
RE: Tell us something about you!
I know you're not supposed to write comments consisting of just 'LOL' but bertowud's last post did actually make me lol Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2010, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2010 04:27 PM by bertowud.)
Yeah. Sorry if I offended anyone. It was meant as a joke.

Five hours at night (in a car) with two children will screw up your perspective onwhat is funny.

YFM, you're just encouraging me.

Note: I added the bit in the parenthesis above because I realized this post wasn't very clear.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
13-02-2010, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2010 03:47 PM by JHyde.)
It's OK, it *was* funny. But I'm accustomed to your wit. (Not your face. Thank God.)

(That was bastardised 'My Fair Lady' before anyone thinks I'm being a cow.)

Now. On topic: I recently realised I rip off Wilde terribly. So my sister has started fining me $5 every time I do, which goes into a kitty we are sending to Haiti. She gets charged $2 every time she is sarcastic. She had to pay less because if it was $5 for every time she'd be broke very quickly. She's also fudging on her end of the agreement.

It's a nice irony that she's being charged for sarcasm while I am ripping off Wilde. And by juxtaposing irony and sarcasm in the same sentence with Wilde the way I did, I'd better go put $5 in the jar.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
13-02-2010, 03:48 PM
You should put $7 in the jar for that one.

13-02-2010, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2010 03:56 PM by JHyde.)
(I don't get charged for sarcasm. And I am accustomed to your wit. [I use the term very loosely.])

Hang on, I just realised what you meant. Wilde said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Irony is the highest, apparently.

13-02-2010, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2010 04:02 PM by bertowud.)
You need to throw another fiver in and get back on topic.

13-02-2010, 04:03 PM
OK, back on topic. And I will warn bertowud and myself for our gross misconduct.

16-02-2010, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2010 11:10 PM by wildcatuk1969.)
my 'spmething' abt me.... i fractured my skull as a child and now i drive a taxi for a living..... though i am not sure if the two are related lol

and my private passion is rugby xxx

DUM SPIRO SPERO....... While I live, I hope.
18-02-2010, 01:19 PM
so two of our members had broken their skull!!!

It's been a long time since I didn't write anything about me, something must be wrong with me Tongue
So here it is some more info about me Wink I don't like pink Big Grin I reckon it is related to the convention that girls wear pink and boys blue, I hate conventions!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
24-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Cool thread!

Not really interesting... I start a rant everytime I catch a misspelling (in spanish of course, there's no way I could be like that in english with the major mistakes I must make all the time) and sometimes with language -when a verb is not well conjugated or something. I don't even like misspellings as sms texting, if I chat or text I sometimes cut words without using misspellings Rolleyes .
Not saying my spelling is perfect but I do try my best to write correctly and I appreciate if someone points me a mistake I've made to remember not to do it again.

It started when I was around 14, now with 23, only my mom and brother (some directed at *him*) listen to all my rants, with time I've resigned to people not understanding the fuzz I make, not caring enough to change or not liking to being corrected, especially while speaking (which *I* don't understand, because I do want to be corrected if I'm saying something wrong -grammatically, semantically...in spanish, english or italian- in order to improve).

Sigh....well, that's my little 'quirk'.

LNF Smile