Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Tell us something about you!
29-03-2010, 03:22 PM
RE: Tell us something about you!
Ha I do that too Tongue When I talk to someone with a strong accent I do find that towards the end of the conversation I do the same, like if they say a word and I use the same word I tend to say it the same way they did Confused They probably think I am mocking them haha esp when I am with my geordie cousins haha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I have that tendency too, it's not a deliberate thing though... It only happens while speaking in Spanish, never tried this "ability" in English... but I don't think I have it Tongue

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2010, 11:46 AM
funny.. I do that too, strangely not in German but in English Big Grin
people are often confused and don't know where to put me (normally they make me a Geordie Tongue), must sound weird to the ear of a native speaker if someone frequently switches accents during a conversation.. almost like a British/Irish version of Sarah Caulfield *oooohh nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!*

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
30-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I've been told that I have an american accent, when speaking in english but I feel the british accent is really strong, so I tend to slightly change my accent or some words, when I've heard or talked to an english person for some time.

About accents, I like to guess by them, where is the person from. E.g whether they're british or american or if in spanish, which country the person is from, not that I always succeed... Rolleyes I find it entertaining though.

LNF Smile
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
When I came back from the UAE I was told that I had a slight American accent (most of the people in my school were American / spoke English with an American accent)

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
15-04-2010, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2010 07:12 PM by CONDOR.)
mmmmmmm not sure if an agent is supposed to reveal too much about himself? OK apart from what is on my profile, what else is there? I am a PADI rescue diver and have dived in many countries around the world, my favourite world country is New Zealand (the country isn't stifled by political correctness and is generally very beautiful). Favourite European country is Italy for it's culture and great food. Also I chose this icon because this photo has more than a "spooky" resemblance to my own picture.
16-04-2010, 11:16 AM
So we had a Tom's double and now an Adam's one? That's cool Big Grin

I would like to do scuba diving, it's on my "things to do" list, it must be a great experience

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
16-04-2010, 11:28 AM
hahaha I don't know about that it is just that this particular photo has a lot of my own features

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
18-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow PADI rescue diver, I did scuba diving in Thailand but had a panick attack because of the fish and the coral, I was fine in the pool it was just when we went into the sea.

I should have known, I already knew I was scared of fish!

I'm assuming you've dived in amazing places then!

LUCAS:They told me I could come home if I spied for them
HARRY:What did you say?
LUCAS:I said yes
19-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Well New Zealand, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Cornwall, Wales, from memory, haven't dived a lot lately been more into sailing, a lot warmer and cheaper.

Your experience surprises me, most people have a problem with pool work, once out looking at pretty fish they relax more and start to enjoy things.
The PADI Rescue course was brilliant, but I put that down to the Centre in Cornwall where I trained, they had us kitting up and swimming out across the bay against the stopwatch, so we got pretty slick at it, a great week.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.