Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Peter Firth
05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
RE: Peter Firth
I've said it before and I stand by it: men who can cook are soooooo sexy. Major winner in my eyes.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 05:58 PM by Tea Lady.)
You girls ! I have got to go and cook dinner in a few minutes and now I will have that image of PF in my head ! All I really have waiting for me down there is some half defrosted chicken and two whinging cats ! Grrrrh Smile
I dont know if this will work, but heres the advert from ebay with the interview. Its too blury to read though.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
(05-03-2010 05:48 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  aaww that would be very nice, I love men that cook Big Grin I was imagining him in hiswhite shirt with top buttons undone, tea towel over his shoulder and cooking...

Don't forget the sleeves rolled up to the elbows... Picture him preparing some fresh seafood on his boat, with a good bottle of wine, and it couldn't get much better.

(05-03-2010 05:50 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I've said it before and I stand by it: men who can cook are soooooo sexy. Major winner in my eyes.

Seconded.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
05-03-2010, 06:03 PM
(05-03-2010 06:00 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Don't forget the sleeves rolled up to the elbows... Picture him preparing some fresh seafood on his boat, with a good bottle of wine, and it couldn't get much better.

What about shorts?

05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
For some reason, I was more picturing lamb being prepared......

Yeah hot stuff. Over on the Armitage thread, they're all thrilling to the fact that he plays several instruments and the double entendres are flying. And here we are, just picturing PF cooking.....such simple people aren't we? So easily pleased!

(shakes head vigorously)

I'm delirious from lack of sleep, I'm sorry. (blushes)

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
05-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Maybe that's why we find PF so appealing - he also seems to be satisfied with the simple things in life. Oh, and he can read to you as well after dinner. By all accounts he's a fantastic reader according to those that have listened to his audiobooks.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, he has a wonderful voice which is why I enjoyed Yellowstone. I'd pay for PF reading the phonebook!!!!

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
:sighs: I'm not sure about shorts... But thanks for the pic Tea Lady! We can't read it but we can see the picture Angel

I can imagine PF singing while cooking, or humming rather Angel ok, enough day dreaming!!

He definitely has a sweet voice :sighs:

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
10-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I've only seen him in Northanger Abbey (Pearl Harbour and Amistad too, but I can't remember his scenes). Reading through this thread now to get good suggestions what to watch PF in Smile
10-03-2010, 01:42 PM
(10-03-2010 01:12 PM)Simone Wrote:  I've only seen him in Northanger Abbey (Pearl Harbour and Amistad too, but I can't remember his scenes). Reading through this thread now to get good suggestions what to watch PF in Smile

Is he any good in Northanger Abbey Simone? I keep looking to buy this off ebay.

PF played minor characters in Pearl Harbour and Amistad although he was quite funny in Amistad (although the film isnt) as the Royal Navy captain. I have purchased off ebay "Letter to Brezhnev," "Tess," and "Vice" the 4th series as PF is in No Mans Land. I have not watched these yet but I have heard they are ok. PF has been in some real dross though (sorry PF) so I always look at the reviews on Amazon before buying anything off there or ebay. Its already been said on this thead, but he is very good in Equus. Probably his best film even though he is a young pup in it. This film is not for the faint hearted though.