Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Peter Firth
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Harry RE: Peter Firth
(08-04-2010 06:27 PM)FirthAutograph Wrote:  Hey Guys,
Just letting you know that i have a direct connection with Peter and he has in fact agreed to help out with my charity memorabilia idea, which is that if any of you fans are interested in bidding for any memorabilia from a range of his films and works (all autographed of course) then i would be willing to post them on eBay. Of course a large percentage would go to a charity of Peters choice but he has also said he is open to suggestions which one the proceeds are donated to, so please feel free to e-mail me with any ideas of what you would bid on, like to own, and what charity you would like to see the proceeds go to.
Thanks
peter.firthautographs@hotmail.com

Welcome to the Forum - I'd love to bid on some items Wink
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2010 04:48 PM by Silktie.)
RE: Peter Firth
(08-04-2010 06:27 PM)FirthAutograph Wrote:  Hey Guys,
Just letting you know that i have a direct connection with Peter and he has in fact agreed to help out with my charity memorabilia idea, which is that if any of you fans are interested in bidding for any memorabilia from a range of his films and works (all autographed of course) then i would be willing to post them on eBay. Of course a large percentage would go to a charity of Peters choice but he has also said he is open to suggestions which one the proceeds are donated to, so please feel free to e-mail me with any ideas of what you would bid on, like to own, and what charity you would like to see the proceeds go to.
Thanks
peter.firthautographs@hotmail.com

Would people outside the UK be eligible?

I'd like that letter Harry got from the Queen informing him of the knighthood. As for non-Spooks stuff, anything from the set of Hunt for Red October would be cool. Guess a submarine is out of the question though...

I'd also treasure a signed copy of one of the audiobooks he's done, and especially a signed copy/DVD of the Yellowstone programme he narrated.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Guys, just so that discussion of Peter's roles doesn't get sidetracked, if you want to start a thread for bidding on PF memorabilia, that might be better.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
12-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I finally got round to watching Blood and Oil Big Grin (its funny how I always seem to get more things watched when I have an impending deadline Tongue) Although it was brief I enjoyed his performance. Does he naturally speak with that accent - I loved it haha. His character was so different to Harry I don' think I would have recognised him if I hadn't been expecting to see him. Same with David Oyewolo reallly aha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2010, 08:27 AM
(12-04-2010 04:29 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  I finally got round to watching Blood and Oil Big Grin (its funny how I always seem to get more things watched when I have an impending deadline Tongue) Although it was brief I enjoyed his performance. Does he naturally speak with that accent - I loved it haha. His character was so different to Harry I don' think I would have recognised him if I hadn't been expecting to see him. Same with David Oyewolo reallly aha.

I dont think that is his real accent. Well not anymore anyway as he has lived down south for so many years now. You can get a pretty good idea of how he speaks now, on the Top Gear clip with RPJ. He does his Yorkshire accent on there as well, as a joke.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
13-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah, we had a discussion early on about his accent on this thread. There was an article I read about him prior to Spooks where he spoke about his accent and he reckoned it was part of adjusting to work in the US where he was for a few years. Apparently they had a lot of issues understanding Yorkshiremen!

It's also because he was one of the last generation of actors where having an accent wasn't OK and they had to acquire a London-ish one to get work. Now it's OK to have Northern accents: think Sarah Parrish, David Morrissey, Chris Eccleston, John Simm e.t.c. But thirty years ago Johnny Gielgiud's speaking voice, or at worst, Olivier's, was what you were meant to aspire to as an actor. For women, it was Ethel Barrymore.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
13-04-2010, 03:26 PM
tis a shame haha I like that accent! Then again keeley hawes had to have like 10 years of elocution lessons so maybe times haven''t changed so much.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Anyone on herefrom Yorkshire? Only I don't think the accent PF used for Malcolm Hayes is Yorks - it sounds more Lancashire to me...but then I'm not au fait enough with the subtleties of Yorks/Lancs accents to really know...

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
15-04-2010, 11:20 AM
sounds pretty yorkshire to me....and remember if he is from Bradford (PF) that is pretty close to the lancs/yorkshire border..35 miles to Accrington!
16-04-2010, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2010 10:56 PM by picard1109.)
fair enough!
Just watching "White Angel" again and, after watching the director's/producer's commentary, I'm even more impressed wit PF's performance. The film has a lot of faults, mainly because it was filmed for about sixpence and most of the other actors aren't up to par, but ignore all that and just concentrate on Peter. He really is totally superb!!

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."