Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
11-09-2010, 01:48 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Oh, I think something will happen but ya know, I don't think I actually want to see "it" happen. (Get your minds out of the gutter, I meant the magic moment where they admit their feelings. OK - that wasn't much better. Wink) I'd like them to leave it to our imaginations. Very often, what you don't see is much more compelling than what you do see. That's how they have strung us along for however many years they have been stringing us along! Perhaps it should happen off screen and let the audience discover it slowly with the rest of the Grid. That would be more in character for both of them AND it would give the fan-ficers a speculative field day of what "the" moment was!

No doubt about it though, they have a very big task on their hands. Its got to be believable and compelling. If it turns into a soap opera moment, I will be very disappointed. Of course I am one of those who thinks that they would be cruel enough (dare I say it?) to have Ruth blow the whistle on Harry. Only time will tell...

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I think something will happen in season 9 but we probably won't see it. I'm all for it being something understated that runs in the background. I've recently watched series 6 and the way the Ros/Adam soap opera took over the show didn't appeal to me. So I don't want them to do that with HR. That said, though, I'd be mightily disappointed if we don't get to see some affection being shown between them - a hug or a kiss at some point would be worth its weight in gold for me.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
11-09-2010, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 11:48 AM by Tea Lady.)
Oh my. I think it will happen early on in S9. Perhaps in the first two episodes. If not, why film extra scenes and make them get closer in S8. They have been set up for something to happen early on. My worry though with this, is that their relationship is then used or targeted, later on in S9.

I DO want to see it happen and I don't mean the bedroom gymnastics, I mean the moment when they finally tell each other how they feel. I think I will feel cheated if I don't see this after so long. After saying this, I may not if they find another way to do it and do it right. It's just after they messed up so many S8 H/R moments IMO, I worry they won't do it right. Hopefully though, if the small trickle of comments are true, they have picked their game up for S9 and it is "refreshed." You will never make everyone happy. I just hope I am one of those that are.

So far we have the following on the R/H table:

Kisses:1 (5.5)
Hand touching:1 (8.7)
Arm/shoulder touching:3 (8.8, 5.5, 5.3)
Dates attended: 1 (5.4)
Dates not attended:2 (8.6, 4.5)
Dancing:0
Trips to supermarket:0
Overnight stops:0

Hoping for some movement on the table in S9. (Please make any corrections if I have made an error.)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
I hope that they do actually get somewhere - they seem to have spent most of their time together dodging the issue (evil scriptwriters... Wink)

Tea Lady - you've put series 7 down on the R/H table, but I think you meant series 8 - Ruth wasn't back in 7.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I hope they make THE moment early in the series, but if they are going to make it happen then they will either string it out with 'will they/won't they' for the whole series, OR it will happen in episode 1, only for the script writers to rip them apart within a couple of episodes. Angst will be the theme whichever plot they choose.

One thing that has always puzzled me: what was the point of Harry asking Ruth about her choir in 8.8? That has to be setting them up for something, doesn't it? Will Harry be seen going with Ruth to a choir practice?

What I would love to see is for Harry to return to the grid with the devastating news that Ros has not survived (not that I want that to happen, but I think we all know that it has) and for Ruth to comfort him in some way, or vice versa. I'm picturing the grid in darkness because it is very late, so they are all alone.Silba
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
The one thing I DON'T want to see is them finally taking that step over the line because one or both of them drank too much. That's just too cliche and fanficcy to fit in with these two.

I like Naivety's idea about late night on the Grid comforting after Ros' death. That'll work for me.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
.....mmm I think it will have already happened and we will only know because they come home together....sighs.
11-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I want Season 9 to pick up some months after season 8 ended, with Harry and Ruth simply introduced as a couple through a short scene in which we find out they are spending their evenings together.

It's to the point, no ambiguity, keeps us all happy and it makes sense. No silliness. No fluff. No alcohol.

Mind you, I haven't shifted from this view in almost ten months.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
(11-09-2010 09:07 AM)almh Wrote:  Tea Lady - you've put series 7 down on the R/H table, but I think you meant series 8 - Ruth wasn't back in 7.

Thanks almh. I really shouldn't post on the SF until I've had my cup of tea in the morning.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure what I want, honestly, something behind the scenes or an interchange of feelings in front of the camera. But I want something meaningul, believable, something touching which leaves you with a good feeling, which makes you say that's what I wanted. Smile (Maybe I'm a bit influence by the wonderful episode of this week's Mad Men, but it was so good, I want to feel that again. Sorry for the bit of offtopicness).

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva