Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
22-09-2010, 08:47 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Series 9.2 trailer Spoiler: show
It always makes me think though, when we see someones home. I am assuming because Ruth's flat has been mentioned, then that is her flat she is sitting in, in the trailer. So Ruth's flat must feature in this series. That always gives me hope that we will have further scenes in Ruth's flat.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Very good point TL. Smile I sincerely hope that your theory is correct! It'll be interesting to see more of her off the Grid Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
22-09-2010, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 09:20 PM by watchstrap.)
(21-09-2010 04:53 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Maybe. Things will certainly be interesting with Beth sharing a flat with Ruth. She's already shown that she's a straight talker, so maybe we should take bets on how long it'll take her to ask Ruth what the deal between her and Harry is. Tongue

I agree Silktie, in fact I was just thinking the same thing this afternoon. Ruth really needs some straight talking from someone! I love her but she is such a muppet sometimes. But panic not folks, I feel that the writers are giving us a new HR starting point in the first episode. At the end of the first ep of S8 I thought 'oh dear, H and R are all broken and how are they going to get back from here' yet they did and I think that S9 will be similar. Ruth going bad doesn't really fit and would make me a bit disillusioned with the show Sad

Spoiler: show
I think Malcolm is coming back to give Ruth some much needed advice or maybe as a wedding guest
A brave statement I know but there you go!

This first episode really confirmed my feelings about Harry though. Even though I would love him to end up with Ruth, I feel quite strongly that Harry's happiness is paramount not her's. He has sacrificed far more than her over a greater period of time and genuinely deserves to be truly happy. If that was with someone else then so be it. I don't think it's going to be with Beth but a little competition might finally make Ruth see sense.
Oh ,and I am a little more than p**ed off with Miss Evershed about dissing Sussex. It's been bloody lovely here today, 70 plus degrees and I had a nice riverside walk with my husband. Ruthie baby, you don't know what you're missing!
22-09-2010, 10:26 PM
One more thing (and then I really must go to bed), I thought that in an interview RA said about RH that
their relationship is rekindled
. Can't be parked then can it?
23-09-2010, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 06:15 AM by Silktie.)
Series 9.2 Spoiler: show
I think the late night chat will be work-related, unfortunately. According to the episode summary Ruth finds out one of the team has a link to the case they're working on, so I'm thinking the call is to tell Harry what she found.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
23-09-2010, 08:05 AM
(22-09-2010 10:26 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  One more thing (and then I really must go to bed), I thought that in an interview RA said about RH that

Series reply to Watchstrap Spoiler: show
What interview was that Watchstrap?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
23-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Series 9.2 Spoiler: show
I really hope there is this late night scene (I haven't seen the damn trailer) mostly because it will send the fan ficcers into overdrive!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
23-09-2010, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 09:19 AM by Silktie.)
(23-09-2010 08:05 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(22-09-2010 10:26 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  One more thing (and then I really must go to bed), I thought that in an interview RA said about RH that

Series reply to Watchstrap Spoiler: show
What interview was that Watchstrap?

Series re Watchstrap Spoiler: show
It's this one, TL. http://www.aoltv.co.uk/2010/09/16/richar...of-spooks/
I'm not sure whether he was referring to a season-long arc, as he actually talks about the proposal. But here's hoping I'm wrong!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
23-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I seem to remember before series 8, Richard Armitage saying when questioned about the Harry and Ruth theme, 'it's nice'. And now this year commenting on it again. I think he's as much a fan of the show as us! Wink
23-09-2010, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 09:38 AM by JHyde.)
I think so too. I love that he and HN are also fans of Damages, it's a good comparison. (HN mentioned it in an interview last year.)

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature