Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 Discussion [rewatch]
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [rewatch]
(31-03-2010 01:35 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(30-03-2010 04:36 PM)Silktie Wrote:  There's something I don't quite understand in this episode: Right at the end when Tom is back on the Grid, why is everyone giving him such weird looks? I would've thought Danny and Zoe in particular would have been overjoyed to have him back.

I assumed they were still suspicious of him. Okay, he had been proved right about Herman Joyce but prior to that he had made some bad calls and had had run-ins with Harry. And maybe they knew he had told Christine about the operation to pick-up Carmen.

Yeah, I agree with you, HellsBells. Even though Tom was proven innocent of the murder, he had still been acting a little weird previously. They had to have been thinking "Is he really ok?"

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2010, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2010 12:31 PM by CONDOR.)
Hi Guys, I am new on here and relatively new to SPOOKS, my wife bought me series 1 for my birthday and have been hooked since. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Series 3 as I couldn't believe that an agent of Tom's Calibre would commit suicide (closing scene series 2). Not really looking forward to the change of characters as Tom Zoe and Danny are brilliant as a team. I love the writing as it gets across the paranoia that you must develop working in such a deceptive environment, and you find yourself questioning the trust that you put in the characters 10/10 far superior to anything from across the Pond, without attempting to be too mysterious so the viewer is completely lost (I cite Le Carre and George Smiley here). Wish I had found this earlier
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Just realised my copy of Spooks 3 DVD is stuck on the ground in Jersey won't get here until this dust cloud clears...oh the torment!!!!!

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
16-04-2010, 11:34 AM
(16-04-2010 09:52 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Just realised my copy of Spooks 3 DVD is stuck on the ground in Jersey won't get here until this dust cloud clears...oh the torment!!!!!

I think that must be a first, a member not being able to join in the Spooks Rewatch discussion because of a volcano erupting. Perhaps you had better order series 4 now Condor, just in case. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
16-04-2010, 11:37 AM
to add insult to injury I found out that you sell it cheaper in your shop than the online company that I bought it from....DOH!!!! still miles cheaper than HMV they are still asking full price!!!

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
19-04-2010, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2010 02:16 PM by CONDOR.)
It arrived today.. Yippeeeee!!! couldn't wait had to watch the first episode, and I wasn't disappointed! Even Adam seemed to fit in well, and Harry showed a bit of leadership of his team too, even having the grace to apologize to Tom and kicked some Special Branch Bottom in the process.. Good for you Harry!. Christine could have at least tried a bit harder to indicate to Tom the situation at their meeting on the bench, she deserves to be sent to the Antarctic to count penguins for the CIA! Tom at least showed a bit of backbone in the way that he dealt with Joyce in the church, and I was pleased to see that Adam got Mrs Joyce to do the honourable thing, in fact it wouldn't be a bad thing if "the old ways" were reintroduced, you know, "See here old boy, bad show and all that, now be a good chap and do what is expected of you" could have saved a fortune at the Chilcott Enquiry!

19-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Very impressive - only arrived today and you've already watched episode one !!
I was surprised that Tom did kill Joyce in the church, but it was the right thing.
The scene with Christine and Tom on the bench really made me doubt if she loved Tom at all, you're right, it would have been so easy for her to indicate she was bugged.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
19-04-2010, 04:10 PM
You see "Uncle" Harry was right when he told Tom he should forget her that even though she was working for a "friendly" power "We all know there is no such thing".
I was surprised that he did it in a church and a little surprised that the others didn't make more of a fuss about it. I did think it a nice touch the way he "delivered" the body to Thames House.
Certainly saw a different side to Tom in this episode, usually it is he who comes off worse in a fight.

14-07-2010, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2010 04:21 PM by Kazters.)
ive gone back to s3 so i have watched this ep now for the 2nd time! i love how rupert gets in the credits before he has even turned up in it!

Harry really is upset about what happened and it looks like untill he finds out whats going on ready to rest! love ruth crying its just so sad is she upset because harry was shot or because she thinks Tom is dead. its funny how they make us not like the CIA people! i really liked how well adam and tom work together especialy after there little square off!

how utterly out of place does tom look on the grid at the end! everyone is looking at him like he is a bomb thats about to go off
anyone else notice how much less posh adam is in this ep? comparerd to the rest of his spooks eps?

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
15-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah, RPJ does his regular voice not his standardised English early on. It's also apt to break out when Adam is under duress.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature