Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
My second favourite episode so far. Not as nail biting as episode 2 as I really couldn't see the BBC having a little girl shot dead by a Muslim on national TV. The director general at the BBC would have had a heart attack, so you could pretty well guess the ending. I thought the plot was well constructed though and a little different. The fairly stupid British born convert paired with the Pakistania born man who just wanted a better life and found himself a pawn used by both sides. Both actors played it very well though.

I think I'm right in thinking that Harry knows Ruth is going to meet Coaver, yes? She talks to Harry just before about getting the proof he needs. But I think Ruth uses the situation to get personal information about Harry. She's acting all flustered but I think that's put on to get Coaver to open up. I don't know what everyone else thinks. I'm not sure how Harry and Coaver can still be friends though if Coaver was sent to kill Harry? I assume if he went through with the extraction? Pretty tough call there and probably left Harry with no choice but to abandon Elena and his son.

I agree with JHyde that I don't quite buy the Towers relationship. When she walked into his office, did she really expect him to capitulate like Harry so often does now?

Loved the bench scene. Poor Harry. He fully expected to get it in the neck by the look on his face. Lots unsaid again though. Ruth was basically saying, if I had married you, you wouldn't have told me about Sasha even then. Ruth to me was also not saying, don't let me go again, fight for me to stay. A throwback to 5.5. The way Ruth laughed, just struck me as she knew what his response would be. She also seemed to be pleading (slightly) by asked him what she should do.

As for the earlier park scene! Grief, that was the most obvious stake out ever. At least Harry and Ruth and Sasha could have hid in the bushes. That scene was a little Laurel & Hardy Wink

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - JHyde - 09-10-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - Tea Lady - 10-10-2011 05:35 PM