Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
28-10-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
Tea Lady - Thank you so much Smile I have been trying to convey the same message over and over. Unfortunately, somehow it was not heard and worse misinterpreted.

Your words reflect exactly my opinion about the bleak conclusion of Spooks. I am not yet a nutter; I might be on my way to become one... I have never understood the antagonism of some fans and perhaps even the producers of Kudos toward the love story of Harry and Ruth, which was so understated. It seems that Kudos has resented the popularity of Harry and Ruth, created by two extraordinary actors and not by the writers.

A few months ago, when I heard that Ruth was going to die, I thought to myself. Kudos cannot replicate the death of Fiona in Adam's arms. It would so cliche and obvious. Well, I was wrong.

Do Harry's fans really want to see him so desolate? and even worse unable to do his job if he continues to self-destruct as he did in series 9 and 10. Who saved him from himself? Ruth who became a better spy than he did. Why on earth did Kudos think that the fans were going to buy the image of Harry the stoic savor of Britain after his recent track record?

I will no longer enjoy the terrific storylines of Spooks. I will not be able to watch Spooks not because of Ruth's death, but because of Harry's unbearable pain at losing her.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - beatrice4ruth - 28-10-2011 08:42 PM