Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch]
12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
RE: Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch]
I agree this is a great episode for Zaf. And he looks mighty fine in it too, I might add.

It is great to see a show that addresses the consequences of the new homeland security legislation we have in many countries after 9/11. It is such a difficult balancing act to ensure that the country is kept safe, but also to ensure that innocent people aren't caught up in it, as happens here. Luckily we have Harry as the moral guardian, prepared to take on anyone to ensure that Malik's rights are respected once he's convinced of his innocence. Lots of great Harry moments and quotes in this one, such as to Ruth: "Do you also turn water into wine?", and at the end when Juliet says that she must discuss Special Branch guy's future with him: "I wasn't aware he had one." Hee!

It's quite a baptism of fire for Jo as well, isn't it? She must have thought at the beginning that it was all rather exciting - writing speeches for people and planting bugs, until she was confronted with the very real human cost the job can have. Suddenly she seemed to realise that it wouldn't be all fun and games.

Ruth was her usual awesome self in this one. It seems there really is nothing she can't do. Her little spiel to the poor sap in Special Branch she used to get that file is very funny. Born spy indeed.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
RE: Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 12-07-2010, 06:54 AM
RE: Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 12-07-2010 05:52 PM