Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
19-07-2010, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2010 02:07 AM by lwhite53.)
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
Ok -- so this is not my favorite ep in this series. It's based on a couple of suppositions that I don't buy:

1) Fiona discovers that her ex-husband is still alive and decides to lure him to England so she can . . . what? I just don't believe that she would do this alone and without some kind of plan. I can buy that she wanted to protect Adam, and so didn't want to involve him, but the idea that she'd take on a ruthless Syrian intelligence operative solo just doesn't make sense, imo.

2) Farook comes into the country disguised as a Kuwaiti diplomat and waltzes through a very cursory immigration check at a private air strip. And this after 9/11 -- be serious! There's no way anyone coming from the Middle East is getting into any western country that easily.

There were some things in the ep that I thought were good -- the music, for instance, is terrific. Also, I thought Olga S. (and the cameramen) covered her pregnancy really well. Ruth being the one to figure out what was really happening just reinforces her brilliance at lateral thinking and her ability to put together disparate pieces to complete the puzzle.

I enjoyed that the audience had much more knowledge than the spooks about Fiona's motivations up until minute 43 in the ep, when Ruth finally cottoned onto what was happening. Also thought seeing how quickly Juliet got onboard with assassinating a foreign national (no qualms whatsoever) just reinforces the idea that she has absolutely no scruples. And Harry taking a shot at Juliet was great: "Ah, the beast of deniability rears it's ugly head yet again."

A couple of very good guest performers in this ep; the woman who played Fiona's friend was absolutely terrific in their scenes together and Darryl D'Silva was one scary dude as Farook.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 19-07-2010 01:30 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-07-2010, 09:07 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-07-2010, 07:39 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM