Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
01-08-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
I love this episode, it is probably my personal favourite as much as I'm able to choose only one. And it's because we get to see and learn so much of Harry.

I love that first scene between Harry and Juliet - it's probably the closest we've seen Harry to totally losing his rag. Even poor Ruth suffers, but she just takes it in stride. Very funny.

I love how Harry makes a stand against the Americans kidnapping UK citizens without just cause, but I found Roscoe a little over the top with his snarling bravado.

It's great to see the loyalty of the team towards Harry, I especially loved the way Zaf took issue with anyone saying anything against Harry. Zaf hasn't been there that long, and already he is a firm believer in the goodness of Harry.

This episode also shows the growing friendship between Adam and Harry off well. Just last episode Harry couldn't bring himself to ask Adam how he feels after Fiona's death, but here he not only asks, but also listens sympathetically and then brings father and son on an outing together.

Poor Colin, he didn't have the best of times in this episode, did he? First Juliet calls him "Kevin", and all through the episode he has trouble getting others to buy into his ideas.

Ruth's devotion to Harry is really obvious in this episode. I interpreted the way she turns away from Harry on the bus as disappointment that he wanted to talk about Adam, rather than saying something more personal to her.

I loved seeing Harry at home with his dog. One tends to forget that he is just a normal man with a life as we only always see him in his suit at the office.

One thing I didn't understand, though: why would Adam take off the night vision and give it to Jo? Surely he'd be better able to drive if he has it on himself.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 01-08-2010 03:47 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Noam - 10-01-2012, 07:29 AM