Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 04:21 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
Overall, I thought it was one of the best we've had. Lucas being destroyed was one of the most intesnse pieces Spooks has ever done. If I'm honest, when I first saw Vaughan at the end of episode one (saying "It's good to see you, John"), I knew something major was wrong, but it took us all, I think until episode 7/8, to realise what Maya meant to him, and to what lengths he would go to be with her/protect her.

Harry and Ruth, well lets hope whatever season 10 brings, it brings them closer together (Lets hope Ruth takes Lucas' advice about marraige/her life, and says yes).

I believe, as I have posted here before, that season 10 will be a season long story about the investigation into Harry Pearce, and may see how he meets Lucas, Tom, Zoe, Danny etc. Perhaps it goes into how Connie sets Lucas up? I'll leave the rest of my thoughts until a Series 10 thread is opened. But I will say this, I believe series 10 will be the last. As other fans have noted on this board, there was a sense of finality about the ending to series 9. Perhaps series 10 will answer alot of the questions we have (Nightingale, The Contingent Events Commitee, Cotterdam etc) .

Back to series 9, it was fantastic, far better than series 8, with all characters/actors putting in a strong performance each week. I just hope the writing gets a little more plausible (i.e the team not being 15 minutes away from the bomb or whatever the threat is that week), and we have a return of Colin Salmon in a CIA role (perhaps in the investigation of Harry, he brings in Christine Dale, and all the other rotten CIA apples we've had) I look forward to seeing more of Beth and Dimitri, and I hope Alec White has a place on the Grid. Malcolm would be a very welcome return too.

I shall post more once I have had time to put all my thoughts into order, but the above are my intial impressions, now the season has ended.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - JohnSpook - 09-11-2010 04:21 AM