Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 10:49 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
My initail thoughts were that series 9 as a whole was the best yet, but now it's over I find myself picking holes in it. I adored the whole Ruth/Harry relationship from S4&5 but found the storyline getting more and more tedious as it progressed through S9 and had to fast forward those bits, they made me cringe. Harry's besottedness and Ruth's firm refusal to admit her feelings again drove me insane. But, I loved how Ruth was put to the test, working more in the field this series. She's so strong but still has the humanity we all love her for.

As for the Lucas storyline... I wasn't too keen. Maya's was just plain annoying and got in the way a lot. The whole storyline was a bit predictable. As soon as Vaughn turned up calling him John you knew it wasn't going to end well, his character deserved so much more and a better ending. By the end of episode 8, I really disliked him and wasn't sorry when he jumped. I'd always hoped that he'd go out in style like Adam, whose death left me a blubbering wreck, but no tears were shed Confused I liked the addition of Beth, I was wary at first but her character's really grown on me. As for Dimitri I'm still not sure, I feel like I don't really know him yet. Maybe series 10 will enlighten me.

But, even with all the negatives I'll still buy the boxset and watch it over and over again. Even though there are some plot holes and some weak storylines it still makes for brilliant watching, the actors are fantastic, especially PF, NW and RA. I seriously can't wait for series 10. Vueltasss Really worried about Harry though Huh

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Tranquility - 09-11-2010 10:49 PM