Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10, the parody - Part 5
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2011 09:23 PM by Annie.)
RE: Series 10, the parody - Part 5
Thanks HB! I really appreciate getting feedback. Smile Especially good feedback! Hahaha!

I'm glad you think I don't get the characters too OOC. To be honest, I wasn't actually trying to be all that faithful, because this is obviously a crack fic, but it's nice to know I can sort of write them in character. As for Harry believing in aliens... can you really blame him?

The Chinese, hahaha... They weren't really going to be major characters, but I discovered I like them a lot. Their names are sort of "Asian villain stereotypes turned up to 11". For exemple Slithering Snake; From what little I know of Asian cultures, snakes aren't demonized the way they are in the west. Based only on that, it seems rather believable that such a code name could be bestoved upon a particularly stealthy and cold blooded agent as an honour. To a westerner, of course it immediately spells out "poisonous evil creep" because of our "Eww! Snakes!" attitudes. Again, I'm not aiming to make fun of Chinese culture or people, just of bad writing.

And yeah... I couldn't resist throwing in a bit of Lucas-explaination. One of the things that really bothered me in series 9 was how plain stupid he seemed to have become. This fic consists mostly of things I don't want to see in series 10, but I wouldn't mind a better explaination for that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10, the parody - Part 5 - Annie - 30-01-2011, 09:23 PM
RE: Series 10, the parody - Part 5 - Annie - 02-02-2011 09:22 PM