Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7.2 [re-watch]
23-05-2011, 03:57 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch]
This one is going to take a couple of viewings for me to fully absorb, I think.

General thoughts in no certain order:

I think there is at least an effort to rationalize Ros' sudden loyalty to Section D in the bar scene. She does mention her many crappy choices and that she was ready to come in from the cold and commit completely. Whether it works or not, I dunno, but the effort is there so I accept it and move on.

Random shallow moment: How cute is Harry leaning against Ros hotel room door? Silba

Not sure that I buy that one breached cable at the bottom of the ocean can bring the whole of the internet in the UK to a stand still? I get the distributed denial-of-service attack idea but I don't think I buy that the Russians would have invested (financially and militarily) in the kind of submarine they have to do it? I think there would be simpler, cheaper just as effective ways to do that. That said, Spooks is doing what Spooks does which is take a kernel of truth and spin it into something bright and shiny and exciting.

PF is in really good form this episode, esp. with RA. There is a real tension between these two characters that hasn't been seen before. PF and RA's generosity as actors really shows in this episode. They are both really subtle actors. Lucas needs trust and Harry needs loyalty. Not sure they will ever truly be able to meet in the middle there?

I find Lucas to be very needy and I don't trust him yet. Nor should Harry, IMO. Bad call on Harry for not following his initial instincts to have Lucas debriefed for several months and then checked into Tring for an open ended stay. I think the decision to take Lucas back is more emotional than operational.

Why does Lucas wait until he gets caught to let Harry and Ros know that he is out for Kachimov's blood too?

Interesting that it is Jo calling for something rather more final in retribution for Adam's death? (Is that enough?) Totally shocked by Harry gunning Kachimov down. Is this the first time we see him kill pretty much on whim? Despite Kachimov's sh*tty comments in that scene, I am torn by Harry's decision on that one. It is an inhumane way to keep his humanity in tact.

I like the idea of Lucas' photographic memory. That's a cool idea.

Does Elizaveta still love Lucas? She sure does tell him that he is a liar a lot and her Have you always been like this? seems very passive agressive. Her line to Lucas struck me: Happiness is not getting what you want. It's being happy with what you have. Pertinent words for Lucas, I think. He always seems to be looking for something from others.

That's all for now....

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
7.2 [re-watch] - JHyde - 22-05-2011, 06:59 AM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - Kazters - 22-05-2011, 11:45 AM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - A Cousin - 23-05-2011 03:57 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - Silktie - 24-05-2011, 06:30 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - HellsBells - 25-05-2011, 01:46 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - A Cousin - 25-05-2011, 03:18 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - Silktie - 25-05-2011, 04:57 PM
RE: 7.2 [re-watch] - HellsBells - 26-05-2011, 01:40 PM