Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
03-10-2011, 06:06 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
I really enjoyed this episode more than most of you. I liked that Dimitri got to run with the main story and while I agree that Johnny was clearly the bad guy I liked that we got to see the process for the spy - is it him or not? This season reminds me a lot of seasons 1 and 5, especially the beginning episodes of each. Max Brown did a great job.

Which brings me neatly to the Towers/Ruth scene. Fantastic writing for Ruth - her characterisation of what her life is like outside of work and finally being tired of secrets and, of course, something she has truly known since 3.10 - that we are all alone in the end. Tea Lady I take your point that this is something that maybe had its place elsewhere but I honestly believe that it isn't necessarily the worst thing that happens to you that breaks your back - it's the something that comes sometimes months or years later that finally makes you say no more. I still don't buy the Towers for Ruth thing, and Ruth won't be having a bar of someone so cynical as Towers. But it made for a wonderful scene, one which reminds me a lot of some of the best scenes in the first half of season 5.

I like that Erin's costuming is different from Ruth's. And a fair sight better than what Beth got last season. I also like Erin a lot - she reminds me a lot of Adam and not because of the kid thing. In 5.9 Adam goes to see an old friend and he's warm and sympathetic to get what he needs. And then he walks out the door and his whole face changes, game on. Erin had something similar last episode and also had touches of it in this week's.

I feel horribly sorry for Natalie. Something this season is doing really well is something that is the hallmark of the show's best episodes: the people left in the wake of the hurricane that is Five's work. Martha last week, Natalie this week. Hope there is more of this to come.

I'll be interested to see how this one plays for me on re-watching but I really liked it the first time around. Season 10 is beating the pants off season 9 so far.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - Nitrus - 30-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - JHyde - 03-10-2011 06:06 AM