Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 09:09 PM by Gazelle.)
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
It's been a later viewing for me this week hence my later post... really enjoyed this week's episode though, right back up there with episodes 1 and 2. The terror plot this week was credible and compelling but didn't stifle development of the main Russian plotline - it had me glued for all 58 mins! Thought that Erin's character really made headway this week, also enjoyed the interplay between Harry, Ruth, Sasha and Elena, and the meeting between Ruth and Jim Coaver.

I still think Ilya Gavrik's playing a bigger role in proceedings than it currently appears - all the comments he makes to Harry suggest he knew about Elena's affair so is this all some kind of revenge? And what about the Russians shown at the start of the first episode discussing the Gavriks' visit to the UK and looking at Harry's file - they've got to be behind things too. And I say again, has anyone looked at all that intel downloaded from Ilya Gavrik's company laptop in episode 2 yet? How come that seems to have been forgotten?!

And last but not least, Harry and Ruth finally get to talk in private away from the Grid - hoping for more conversations like this in episodes 5 and 6, these two never disappoint (even though I wish it was so much simpler for them...!)
(09-10-2011 10:53 PM)Agent Acme Wrote:  Also during the meeting with Ruth on the bridge, Coaver mentioned Harry's unauthorised attempted extraction of Elena and Sacha at Treptower park in Berlin.
" I would never have done it....I hope he knows that. I don't shoot my friends, family maybe, but not my friends." Part of what Coaver said. Not altogether sure whether that was meant literally or not but I gather it was Coaver that put the kibosh on Harry's attempt to get them out. Ruth looked a little perturbed at this revelation, obviously Harry's version is different. Coaver gave Ruth a file.

It's all as clear as mud to me....have to have a re-watch I think.... Smile

Hmm, I missed Coaver giving Ruth a file - will also have to re-watch -I remember wondering if Ruth was bluffing knowledge on that episode in Berlin to draw information out of Coaver. Also, who initiated the meeting between Ruth and Coaver (did I miss something else obvious?!)
Does anyone know which park the Harry and Ruth bench scene was set - was that the Tower of London in the background? (I like to place scenes whenever possible!) And the Ruth/Coaver meeting - looked like some kind of gangway onto the Thames rather than a footbridge - between Lambeth and Vauxhall Bridge maybe? Any Londoners with a better idea?

Can't go on, must go on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - JHyde - 09-10-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - Gazelle - 11-10-2011 08:53 PM