Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
12-10-2011, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 02:04 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion
(12-10-2011 06:10 AM)Silktie Wrote:  
(11-10-2011 05:30 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  If I was slow in the up-take in the last episode, I am now completely convinced that the writers are using the threat-of-the-week plots as a device for examining the actions, decisions and emotions of 30 years ago. To my mind - it's a brilliant device.

Yes, I love this aspect too. There are so many parallels between this threat of the week and the Russian angle, I'm not sure I noticed them all. ....great stuff.

I was kind of over-whelmed with the parallels as well. And if I may wax pedantic for a moment (Are we surprised? I think not! Silba) and I am sure provide a good belly-laugh for KUDOs (I can hear them now, "Our fans are bonkers!" Tongue), the threat-of-the-week is fulfilling the same function as a Greek Chorus. Both provide background and summary info for the audience, express the main characters' emotions, and provide insight for the main characters. So I think it quite possible that the threats-of-the-week are projecting further plot as well. Even if it is completely unintentional on the part of TPTB, IMO, it is a brilliant device that I am enjoying immensely. It is also why I am not at all concerned about any plot-holes.
(12-10-2011 01:52 PM)WhatToChoose Wrote:  Can someone please clear up how Ashur was killed - I thought he was killed off via CO19 sniper. However others at work claim he has tazered/injected...just because there was no blood

I thought he was taken down by CO19 with one shot right through the forehead at which point two officers caught him before he hit the ground and dragged his body off.
(11-10-2011 09:46 PM)lazyme63 Wrote:  I am really liking Sascha, I hope he doesn't turn out to be evil, but I hope he's not actually Harry's son too. I think Ilya or Elena are the bad ones - Ilya's not been in it hardly at all - i'm guessing he will be in it a bit more in the next two episodes. Again, the bench scene with Elena seemed set up too. Poor Harry, I think he's being played.

Yeah, I am with you on that one. I am trying to not speculate because it just confuses me hopelessly, but I am still waiting for the penny to drop on Ilya as well. What does he know? Or not know? How does he factors into the big picture? What is he going to do? And why?

As for Sasha, at this point, he is still an innocent in my mind. He's caught up in his parents' (all of them Tongue) bad decisions. He fulfills a more symbolic role. He is the living personification of those decisions. Once again, not speculating, just going with the facts as we know them by the end of 10.4.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - JHyde - 09-10-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: Season 10 - Episode 4 discussion - A Cousin - 12-10-2011 01:54 PM