Poll: Did you like Season 8?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
18-04-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 05:20 PM by The Grid.)
RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
I am currently rewatching Series 8 for the first time. My first review of it (a few pages back on this thread) was me judging it when I first saw it play out on TV. I've only recently bought the DVD of this series.

I finished rewatching 8.6 last night. So far, I do feel it's a weak series compared to the others which is quite funny as I was singing its praises after watching it the first time! However that doesn't mean it's awful. I have thoroughly enjoyed rewatching it, but I felt the plots for some episodes were a little weak. The middle part of the series doesn't grab me that much at all. 8.1 makes the series seem promising. I still love 8.1 with Ruth's return and Malcolm's heroics. I still love how understated Malcolm's exit is!

But then it starts to fall apart a bit for me. I'm not a fan of the episode surrounding Lucas at all (8.4). I feel it was a bit of a letdown. I felt like we didn't learn enough about Lucas in this episode. However, I do quite like the episode with Ros and Colville, simply because Ros becomes a bit more human to us. She's been cold and distant in past episodes, but her guard really comes down in this episode. She feels guilty about Jo's death and you can sense her devastation at the man who recruited her, completely falling apart in front of her eyes.

I'm looking forward to rewatching 8.7 and 8.8 later as I remember completely loving these episodes when I first watched them!

So far though 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 are pretty lacklustre episodes in my eyes. It picks up a bit in 8.5 and 8.6 though. 8.1 is just fantastic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8? - The Grid - 18-04-2012 05:18 PM