Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch]
31-01-2010, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2010 02:11 PM by Tea Lady.)
Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch]
Please discuss if you have done your homework.
I really liked this episode. It's a shame the writers were predicting the future. It shows how desperate the security services were to use a young boy like Johnny as an asset, to try and get information. They had little choice though as they had no other assets which was probably not helped by Tessa concentrating on her fictitious ones.

Ruth seemed to be welcomed more warmly than Sam was, although I really hated Ruth's entry into the series. I found it a little embarrassing and had to look away. Ruth also seemed to be talking in a funny way. There was no need for this, dropping the papers was enough to try and make her look nervous and clumsy. I loved the Harry joke moment but really for the look Zoe gave more than anything. It was like Zoe was saying to Harry "what the hell are you doing?"

I liked Khaldun in this episode. The actor was very good and believable. He believed in Paradise but not getting there by taking other people's lives. The writers were trying to promote a positive side to the muslim community in the UK as well as the more radical Islamist side which seems to get in the press more.

We got to see a bit more of Christine in this episode although I found her "come to bed eyes" she gave Tom in the meeting room as quite disturbing. It actually says on the extra's on this DVD that she was in this series because the writers had only planned for another 6-8 episodes and then the BBC said they wanted 13. This was finally reduced to 10 but they did not have enough material on the characters to stretch over 10 episodes, so shoved in Christine to give Tom a bit more to do. Wish he had shoved her in the Thames!

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 31-01-2010 01:41 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 31-01-2010, 10:49 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 01-02-2010, 04:47 AM