Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
19-07-2010, 10:21 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
(19-07-2010 01:30 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  2) Farook comes into the country disguised as a Kuwaiti diplomat and waltzes through a very cursory immigration check at a private air strip. And this after 9/11 -- be serious! There's no way anyone coming from the Middle East is getting into any western country that easily.

I agree that this is not a particularly exciting episode until about the 50th minute. It all just seemed a little OTT. Like lwhite53 says, how did Fiona expect to beat the Syrian's? If she had a death wish, why? She had little Wes to think about and clearly didn't.

With regarding the private air strip comments I have to disagree slightly. They are certainly not policed like the main airports are, like Gatwick and Heathrow. Even at one of the main airports, only a few years ago, a man wanted for shooting a female police officer dead, escaped by dressing as a woman. He went through airport security dressed like this and because we are so politically correct here in the UK, no one in security asked to look under the burka. I am not sure whether things have now changed after this came to light, but heaven knows how many people came in and out of the UK using this method in the years after 9/11.

Other comments about this episode -

1) Why does Zaf always get to be the waiter? Also did you notice his name on his name tag. If was Tariq.
2) I liked the "Hustle" type moment when this showed how they put the drug in the mint sauce.
3) Loved the exchange between Harry and Juliet.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 19-07-2010, 01:30 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - Tea Lady - 19-07-2010 10:21 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-07-2010, 09:07 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-07-2010, 07:39 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM