Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
23-07-2010, 04:08 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
Ah-ha! Its spoken once and Harry says it! Just after the voice recognition result about who Shaloub was talking to. Harry says it into the phone to Adam while he is speeding to the airport. I think I was just too involved in the visuals and the boulder careening towards Adam and Fiona to really hear it. It just sort of went in viscerally.

Another one for you, re: Farook going into hiding, Ruth does say that Farook turned out to be a Massad agent anyway. Of course they were fed that story by the Syrian Government. As you mention, the Syrian Foreign Minister clearly knows that Farook was never executed. The Syrian government must have perpetuated the story Adam framed Farook with, faked his execution and sent Farook into hiding so he could continue to... what? Work off the radar for them? I get that the Israelis might want Farook dead if they knew he was alive, but only if knew they was involved in planting the bombs in Tel Aviv for the Syrians. Other wise, why would the Israelis want a Syrian operative who was purportedly executed for working for them dead? I am so sorry to harp on this. There is just something wrong with this part of the plot and it's driving me CRAZY!!!Suicida

And as for the hang/hung/hanged issue - thanks to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, I have officially learned something new. Cool The writers used hanged throughout the episode. The correct use in this context is indeed "hanged." This is the past tense of "hang" if used to describe an execution specifically. In all other cases, "hung" would be correct, e.g. "I hung on her every word". I still like "hangified" best! Silba

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 19-07-2010, 01:30 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-07-2010, 09:07 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - A Cousin - 23-07-2010 04:08 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-07-2010, 07:39 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM