Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch]
26-07-2010, 04:25 AM
RE: Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch]
I have a strange affection for this episode. It plays off the saying that the enemy of my enemy ismy friend and in this case it's very true. I find the scene where Hugo loses his memory very sad, as well as that with Adam breaking down after the operation is complete.

I also love the scene between Adam and Diana Jewel, with Adam messing her and himself around. 'The best part about being a spy is telling lies'. Adam is addicted to danger, it's the one thread that runs through his character from beginning to end, and this episode is the start of his second phase on the show.

I also like that Ruth takes matters into her own hands on this one. She directly disobeys Harry and goes to Adam, a move for which later Harry chastises her, although without him actually 'knowing' for sure.

As to why Juliet stuck by Harry on this one, I suspect in this case part of it was wanting to stick it to lower class politicians who were telling her what to do. As well as
Series season6 Spoiler: show
it's very much in keeping with the Juliet of Yalta whom we later meet.
Juliet doesn't always make the wrong call and I think had they written her as going against Harry EVERY time, it would get old very quickly. Plus in the next episode we see her as we did in 4.5 - a fair weather friend. Remember that Juliet and Harry's dynamic is not Mace and Harry's dynamic. Juliet's role is different, even if she is as much of a politician as Mace.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch] - Tea Lady - 25-07-2010, 07:28 PM
RE: Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 26-07-2010 04:25 AM
RE: Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 27-07-2010, 09:10 AM
RE: Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 27-07-2010, 02:03 PM
RE: Episode 8 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 29-07-2010, 06:03 AM