Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
10-10-2010, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2010 08:42 AM by almh.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
That's because we think we'll get thrown out of the Optimists Corner if we admit to it!!!

Ok, I was one of them, I admit it. But given the whole confusion that Ruth seems to be going through regarding Harry, I think that they need to show more of her trying to work out what she wants. At the moment it's doing neither of them any favours if they keep trying to define their relationship when Ruth has no idea what she wants, or to a certain extent, what she feels about Harry. It's just getting them both hurt. If she had said yes, but still felt guilty about George, or whatever, then it just would have made her unhappy being married to him.

TBH I just think she's scared of getting married to Harry because that would imply that they were close, and I think that she probably has trust issues at the moment. From what I can see she seems to trust everyone on the Grid with her life, and the lives of everyone that they try to protect, but she doesn't really trust any of them with her heart, not even Harry. After all, from what I can tell she doesn't seem to spend much time with her family, her friends keep dying, and a man who was sort-of-ish married to her was killed by her job. She's probably trying to put a wall up to prevent people getting too close, because she's afraid of getting hurt again.

...And that's why I pressed that button! End of rant.

P.S. Is it obvious from this post that I'm meant to be working at the moment Tongue Oopsy...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - almh - 10-10-2010 08:41 AM