Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
13-10-2010, 04:03 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(12-10-2010 07:09 AM)Naivety Wrote:  I thought the Harry and Ruth parts were lovely in this episode. I was feeling so wound up since 9.3 that I was glad they reduced the tension a bit! The focus on Harry's face during the time Ruth was in that building, shows that the writers and directors haven't forgotten about H/R yet. I thought the expressions on Harry's face were brilliant (clever PF again).

Like Tea Lady, I immediately thought of Nico during the question about children. And for another point of view: maybe she hesitated because she realised she has just passed up her last opportunity to have children of her own by saying no to Harry.

I didn't catch the cold tone after Harry mentioned her lip, I thought she replied just as tenderly. There was definitely no frostiness between them this week, which has got to be a move in the right direction.

I really liked the balance of HR scenes this week, esp. when she was in the field. I think they really hit the mark - there, but very subtle. While she was in the field, he was with her the whole time alternately amused, impressed, concerned and supportive. The literal voice in her head. I really liked how the Director kept cutting back to Harry. And when she has the gun pointing in her face, I think she makes it known so Harry will know that she is losing it a bit. He then feeds her the lines to handle the situation. Very well done, IMO.

I think that there has been a shift from her keeping him going during his existential crisis, to him supporting her working through her guilt. I loved how he leaned down into her face and forced her to look at him to apologize for her boo-boo lip. He is saying to her that he is not going anywhere. I did not interpret her response as cold. She is telling him (again) that she doesn't blame him for it.

And the cowbell comment? Well, once again, his timing sucks. Wink But he couldn't have known that she had just faced off with quite possibly her most powerful demon. I thought there was a bit of a double meaning when he says to her that everyone is being played by someone else. No one lives in a vacuum. I like that decency won out for both of them at least as it pertained to Kai.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 13-10-2010 04:03 PM