Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
22-10-2010, 04:22 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
The following is based on comments made in the episode 9.8 summary, so you may not want to read if you haven't read these.

Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
The summary basically says Harry has to choose between Ruth or MI5. I was thinking today (dangerous I know) whether Ruth's decision to leave in 5.5 was for Harry's benefit or for MI5's benefit? What I mean is, has Ruth ever put Harry first when faced with that sort of decision herself?

I think Ruth chose MI5 when she left. If she had chosen Harry then she would have stayed and fought to be cleared and be with him. Harry respected that decision and stayed because of her sacrifice. He could have gone to her maybe, but did he know where she was? Probably not.

So Harry has to now make a choice. Would Ruth really expect him to choose her, considering her anger this series when Harry failed or faultered when the call had to be made, to save many over the one? "Is it all just maths Ruth?" Asked Harry. Ruth replied, "Sometimes I think it is." What if you are the one sacrificed though and the one doing the sacrifice is the love of your life. It's not just maths then is it?

I hope this makes some sort of sense, what I have just written.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 22-10-2010 04:22 PM