Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
22-10-2010, 07:21 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(22-10-2010 04:22 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  The following is based on comments made in the episode 9.8 summary, so you may not want to read if you haven't read these.

Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
So Harry has to now make a choice. Would Ruth really expect him to choose her, considering her anger this series when Harry failed or faultered when the call had to be made, to save many over the one? "Is it all just maths Ruth?" Asked Harry. Ruth replied, "Sometimes I think it is." What if you are the one sacrificed though and the one doing the sacrifice is the love of your life. It's not just maths then is it?

I hope this makes some sort of sense, what I have just written.

They have twice been involved in a choice between MI-5 or love. Once as you say in 5.5 when Ruth chose MI-5 over her future happiness, and also in 8.1 when Harry had to watch Ruth's pain because of the choice between her happiness and the greater good. Could this time be third time lucky. There have been so many indicators this series that Harry is fed up with making these choices. Each one is hurting him deeply; look at the hint about losing oneself - does he feel that by making choices like these he is losing himself?

Forgive me if I'm rambling. I've rewritten this half a dozen times and I'm still not making any sense.Vueltasss
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 22-10-2010 07:21 PM