Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
30-10-2010, 03:35 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Series 9, and for 9.7 and 9.8 specifically Spoiler: show
I don't think so, for the following reasons:
Looking back at what NW said in her Ian Wylie interview about Ruth flat-sharing with Beth, she said it didn't suit Ruth to be asked to spy on her flatmate, that it was too dishonest for Ruth. How much more dishonest is betraying Harry and the team? Would she have said that if she knew Ruth was the big betrayer?

Secondly, I also honestly haven't seen anything shifty in her behaviour thus far, like others have claimed. Granted, I've been watching the episodes on a tiny window on my laptop, so I could have missed some shifty looks or something.

Thirdly, I don't see how they will fit it in time-wise. We know she has her own storyline in episode 7, and gets knocked about badly. Will they cram it into the last 5 minutes of episode 8 and be able to have it make sense?

Fourthly, would they have stated so boldly in the episode 8 description that Harry is forced to choose between Ruth and MI5 if he has to do so because she is an evil traitor, rather than because she is in danger? Surely not, if it is supposed to be the huge surprise everyone predicts.

Or you know, I am just deluding myself. Wouldn't be the first time...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 30-10-2010 03:35 PM