Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Marriage advice from Lucas? It's the blind leading the blind if you ask me. I'd say the same the other way 'round, too. Wink If Wylie has mentioned it, it will probably have some odd twist to it.

I love Silktie's comment the the 9.7 discussion thread about wanting to smack Harry for telling Ruth that he would protect her 1000 time over. The words out of my mouth at that moment in between bites of cake was: From your mouth to God's ears!

When she hands Harry the gun, for me the look on her face was one of waking up from a very bad dream. Inner monologue: What happened? Was that me? Who are you? Oh. Harry. What do you want? Oh. Gun. Here.

As for Ruth, NW mentions in her Wylie interview the ability of these people to face so much horrific tragedy and make so many sacrifices for the job but still be able to pick up and keep moving on. She *should* be curling up in a ball in a hospital bed in a catatonic state, but she doesn't. She wipes the blood off (literally) and she moves on. Harry has had 30 some-odd years to come to terms with this. She has had 5, maybe 6 - total.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 02-11-2010 07:57 PM