Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Well, I really need to watch that again. I totally loved the way Harry didn't have a second thought about saving Ruth here. Yes, I know his choices may have been different if Abany was active, but he just went and did it. He must have made a promise with himself that he wouldn't let her down again, that he would do whatever it takes, no matter what Ruth thought of him in return.

The scene when he raced into her in the warehouse room was lovely. What was not so lovely was when she confronted him in his office after. I will need to watch it again but her saying, "it was unfair of him to love her" must have really hurt him. Christ Ruth, did you not listen to Lucas? Also when Ruth most strongly said that, "Harry is on his own." Well, yes he is Ruth, and he may have just been going to his death without you telling him that you love him, because you do, and we all saw it in your face, when Lucas asked you.

Was Ruth just leaving Harry to do his job at the end when he went to meet Lucas? Leaving him to make the same sacrifice that she made 4 years ago, that he wouldn't let her make again?

So do we think Harry would have done the same thing for Ruth if Albany was active? Considering he did plan to get Albany back by getting to Maya?

I guess I just feel a little sad about H/R here. I guess someone will say it's another step forward. Another baby step. Well at least Harry has shown Ruth what type of man he is. That she does mean more to him than his own life. And the word "love" was spoken by Ruth, acknowledging Harry's love for her out in the open.

BUT......................Another 10 months to wait now to see if Harry and Ruth finally get their cottage in the country, together. Here's hoping at long bleeding last.

Pactum Serva (just about.)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 08-11-2010 10:44 PM