Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
09-11-2010, 12:04 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(08-11-2010 11:50 PM)loladom Wrote:  SO, have I understood this correctly? Ruth's mad at Harry for chosing to love her and save her, making her life more valuable than both George and the potential genocide outcome of the Chinese getting Albany? Why didn't he tell her that it was a fake (Damn Tariq for walking in on them....) Consequently, she let him go to what was his likely death in almost pig headed denial of what his death would do to her, whilst he was happy to go to his death with her thinking the very worst of him? He gave away a secret and risked his job for her life, but not any more lives (the death part being what Ruth is so bothered about) Just what does a man have to do to prove to this chic his intentions?

SO series 10 must see Ruth (to quote Lucas) being brave enough to run with her feelings 'cos this guy cannot go any futher out on a limb for her. SOme Why do I feel like shaking her....lol....I got her reluctance before, but now....this lady needs to wake up and eat some humble pie.

(Still love/hate her though!) lol lol poor Harry.

I think Harry did what he did because he loves Ruth. Period. The fact that Ruth "appears" not to have those feelings anymore for Harry, had no effect on Harry's decision to do what he did. He didn't do it to try and win her back either. He did it just because he loved her.

As for Harry going to his death without Ruth bearing her soul to him, that irks me a little too. She did call after him and there was more emotion than at the end of 8.8, but still. Hell of a thing to live with, if Harry died. Maybe she realised that she couldn't go back on what she said after she had a go at Harry for denying her "her turn" and therefore she had no choice but to let him go. Would Harry have believed her anyway, in that moment?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 09-11-2010 12:04 AM