Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(09-11-2010 06:32 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I agree Beatriz (after my rant last night) that she was angry with him for that reason, and she was right to be. I think that was the reason she let him go alone to meet Lucas. I think she was still angry with him and was sort of saying to Harry, you go and put this right now.

I agree. She can't fight his battles for him. She knows this because he told her this in an earlier episode. He can't fight hers either. She tells him that just before he leaves to meet with Lucas.

(09-11-2010 06:32 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I don't think we have seen Ruth cry before on the Grid have we? I could be wrong here. I think some of those tears were because she had no reason to be angry with him, and she let him go to his death, having not been particularly nice to him.

We see her cry when Tom disappears in 2.8 (?). A very similar situation actually. Tom is thought to have drowned and Harry has been shot. Her tears in both situations are rather ambiguous for me. I think her tears here are not only about Harry but about Lucas too. Or at least what Lucas became and how close she could be to becoming that too.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 09-11-2010 07:04 PM