Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
09-11-2010, 08:55 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
This is just a thought, but since we know and Harry knows that he loves Ruth (and did indeed take a big risk for her) and Ruth is perhaps starting to realise that she should take a chance with him, maybe the writers will flip this romance the other way. If Harry thinks that Ruth has made her feelings clear about him - she wasn't happy that he made his decision based on love rather than 'the greater good' - and that it really is pointless to keep pursuing her, maybe he withdraws from her just as she warms to him? He proposed and she turned him down, she told him that they had missed their chance, and now it seems that she is questioning his integrity with the choice he made. If she made no effort to see him in the 48 hours since he survived the meet with Lucas, and the call from the Home Sec, then he might reasonably assume that there is nothing left - her feelings have changed and she has changed too.

Maybe, if Harry;s career is in the balance in Series 10, then this is the series that Ruth has to make the running. Harry tried so hard with her in S9 but she insisted on pushing him away - maybe if she wants him, she will really have to convince him. After all, he will be fighting for his job (assuming he has the will to fight) maybe he just can't accept trouble from both sides in his life...

I'm not sure if they would leave together.....depends on whether she changes her outlook. She is great at what she does and she can face hard decisions, but she would have to decide whether she is happy to do that (and alone) or whether that has been making her feel dead inside and she needs to move on.

Obviously I hope they do finally get together, but if they do then I think it will have to be realistic rather than romantic. Ruth has a lot of work to do...if she wants him. Oh the agony of having to wait until who knows when next year to find out how much torture they are going to put them through. I'm crossing my fingers though that Ruth comes out of her troubles and listens to her heart.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Angie - 09-11-2010 08:55 PM