Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(10-11-2010 01:28 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I did think she only mentioned the marriage proposal to try and get some sympathy off Lucas, to try and befriend her captive as it were. It turned into a bit more than that though.

Two questions:

1) Why mention the marriage proposal? I get it from a structural stand point: for Lucas it is so simple, for Ruth it is so complicated. I am inclined to think with TL here, but I'd be curious to hear what other have to say. Incidentally, I think the beauty of Lucas' "marriage advice" is the juxtaposition of something so right being said in a situation that is so wrong.

2) When they cut to Ruth/Tariq crying and Alec/Beth/Dimitri standing in the hotel lobby passing knowing looks, what did they know? What I mean is, at that moment, did they know Lucas had taken his flying leap? Did they know Harry was OK? I know some of us think that they knew nothing and some think they had received word. I am not certain.

As much as I have enjoyed the parallel journeys both Ruth and Harry have been on this series and where it has moved to - and it has - I know that they know that they adore each other, I know where the line Harry will not cross is, I understand why Ruth can't commit. My disbelief will be stretched thin if I have to endure another series of will they/won't they. The Romantic and Pragmatist are constantly battling it out as to which ending I would like. I really don't care which way it goes, but I hope the writers sh** or get off the pot about it in S10.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 10-11-2010 03:54 PM