Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
14-11-2010, 02:58 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I am sure that if Tariq had not come in and interupted them AGAIN, Harry would have told Ruth that Albany was useless. We will probably never know.

When they were clustered around the terminals watching the footage of the bomb in the tube station and Lucas demanded Harry meet him on the roof, Ruth suddenly understood what Harry had felt when she was in danger. The look she gave him after she shouted 'Harry!' was an unspoken acknowledgement, and that is why she backed down. She knew that the tables had been turned and it would have been contradicting herself if she had said anymore. Harry understood what she was not saying as well, saying 'it's my turn'.

My first thought when Ruth was sobbing, was that she thought Harry might be dead and she hadn't told him how she felt, that she had been too hard on him. I've tried watching it again to see if I felt the same, but you never get the same emotion watching it second time round. It was probably meant to be for Lucas, because everyone else was then shown to be upset as well. But I'm sure her tears were also meant to be cathartic. Hopefully when we come to the next series she will have moved on, and she will be much gentler with Harry.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 14-11-2010 02:58 PM