Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
16-11-2010, 06:20 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(16-11-2010 05:39 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Watching it with the knowledge that she doesn't blame Harry for George/Nico, rather that she blames herself for not feeling more guilty about it herself, the thought occurred to me that Ruth is questioning Harry about why it is so easy for him to compartmentalize and seemingly "move on" after "all the choices he has made" from an operational standpoint.

A good point well made. I just wonder whether Ruth meant what she said, which is why she stopped herself mid-sentence, because it should have been "the choices I've made." Lying to George and Nico, coming back to the Service so quickly, moving on with her life.

Ruth seems to clarify a little on the roof scene later though, as to why she is keeping Harry at a distance. In a nutshell I just think she's scared. Scared of it not working out and her losing Harry for ever this time. Who has Ruth got in her life, but Harry. I don't think she ever blamed Harry for George and Nico, once she had calmed down.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 16-11-2010 06:20 PM