Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
16-11-2010, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2010 07:03 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(16-11-2010 06:50 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I also have started rewatching Series 9 - how else to fill the void on Monday nights? Sad

The proposal scene was so clumsy, and yet so lovely. It did match the way they have always been. Ruth flutters her eyelids for a bit and taunts him with the hand touches, Harry makes a move and Ruth backs off sharpish. I love the way Harry puts his arm around her. I think it's the first time he has ever touched her in an intimate way. Even when they kissed in 5.5 he didn't hug Ruth, her just stood there with his hands by his side. If only he had said 'I love you' instead of 'Marry me'. The whole series could have been so different.

Oooh I miss monday nights now Sad

I think thats whats so great about, their relationships always been a bit like that, a little clumsy. Its like Ruth can't look at him, if she does she feels she gives too many of emotions away, I think Ruth's scared of that, maybe thats also why she "feels dead inside", if she's dead inside she can't hurt any more than she already does, her compassionate nature makes her feel more vulnerable .
I was never sure if he did stand there with arms by the side in 5.5 I thought he tried to hold ger but I'm not sure,
But they've never really been that intimate, like its been said before, they are soul mates, and what Ruth said, "Couldn't be more together..." perhaps they don't really need it, they already know the extent of each others feelings, it was just never said out loud... I just want them to actually say it to each other Wink
Yes an "I love you!" I'm hoping its actually said in Series 10, I get the feeling it might be their last chance Sad

Ahhh I wanted a scene between them in 9.8 too! Perhaps there's was and we never saw it ... *hoping that 48 hour gap is filled*

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 16-11-2010 07:02 PM