Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
19-11-2010, 07:29 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(19-11-2010 07:18 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  As night starts to fall and the boy realises he can't see the puppy any more he suddenly remembers how lovely it was to feel his warm body pressed against him on his lap in the bus, and how the puppy desperately looked to him for reassurance and comfort. He realises how good it feels to be needed, and how much he wants the puppy after all. He runs back, calling the dog but can't see him anywhere. Suddenly he hears a bark and the puppy comes running back to him and throw himself into his arms, licking his face and squirming with joy. And the last line of the book - "it's late, Brown, let's go home". Well, you get the picture, don't you?

OK - I'm see where this is going. Veeeeery provocative DogSoSmall. Part of the reason I love Spooks are the literary allusions they include. However, not being British, I did not know this story.

I am for it because we would be at the above mentioned portion where Harry jumps in her arms and licks her face, which I would dearly love to see! Big Grin

If Ruth gets that last line somewhere in S10, I'm gonna scream so loud you will hear me in the UK! Yahoo

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 19-11-2010 07:29 PM