Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
25-11-2010, 09:57 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(25-11-2010 07:06 AM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I was watching S8 yesterday for a while and
I was just looking back over Series 8 and 9, it seems to me there are less friction between them regarding George and Nico in S8 than there is S9, (maybe her guilt just kicks in late) Ruth seems happier in S8 than 9, in Series 9 she's full of guilt, and seems to more or less push Harry away, although there are some really nice moments between them in both series, ahhh I don't like depressed dead inside Ruth!
It could just be they are setting up for Series 10 storylines, or character development... I dunno...
So for Series 10, I'm hoping for more of the Ruth we saw in S8 Wink and hopefully Harry won't be losing his career... if worst comes down the worst he's going to need Ruth Wink if this weather continues, they'll need each other just to stay warm!

*shivers in freezing weather* Wink

I think the reason for Ruth’s state of mind in S9 which is even worse than in S8 is that she realises that she got over the mourning period for George relatively quickly and that culminates in her outbreak towards Harry in the hospital in episode 7.
So in S8 she was mourning in the beginning and was gradually beginning to get better but in S9 she apparently finds that it’s too soon to feel better and feels guilty instead which is leading to some kind of depression.

For series 10 I’m also hoping that Ruth will not push Harry any further away and that she can accept how much he loves her but I’m not sure how the writers can explain a turn in her behaviour in any comprehensible way as I think they have dug quite a deep hole for her.

I would also be very much interested in knowing how the writers would have wrapped up her story if S9 had indeed been the last series. If there are two endings with regard to the Lucas/Harry story and how this would have been solved maybe there also was a different scene to end Ruth’s story…
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - lottanyman - 25-11-2010 09:57 AM