Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
25-11-2010, 06:06 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(25-11-2010 04:11 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Firstly, is Ruth's guilt over her ability to move on from George perhaps also linked to the fact that she realises she never truly loved him - because in her mind, if she'd loved him, she would not be able to move on so quickly?

Secondly, what triggered this tremendous guilt? Apparently it all started when Harry proposed, so if he hadn't, would she still have been the same towards him than she had been in season 8?

Actually I think it's quite interesting because each time I saw a new episode of S9 with some "strange behaviour" from Ruth I was quite annoyed why she was now taking steps back from her initial movement towards Harry in S8 and only thought that the writers somehow had to keep the story arc up and going but that they actually were inventing a "completely new" type of Ruth. (Hope you can understand what I mean)

But now, in view of the whole S9 I find it's typical behaviour of Ruth - there is some progression in series 8 and then Harry proposes in the beginning of S9 and this is the trigger for her to analyse things and her true feelings and of course, just like in S5 after the date with Harry she overanalyses again and all the guilt comes crashing down on her. So all in all I really think it's still the same behaviour you can recognise in Ruth.

Still, I'm very very curious how they are going to clear things up with those two in S10...
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - lottanyman - 25-11-2010 06:06 PM