Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
26-11-2010, 06:05 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I agree that Harry's first thought was for Albany / the Country, Ruth and maybe Lucas. However it was clear from episode 1 that Harry had had enough and wanted out. During the series he has struggled to make the decisions needed. By the end of episode 8 he had lost Albany, Lucas and Ruth's respect and devotion. Therefore you have to assume that mentally he is in a worse state and will still want to quit. During the episode Alec gives him a warning saying "Harry there will be no way back." Harry goes anyway and even tells the HS that he has given Albany to Lucas / Chinese.

Also, you have to take into consideration whether he would have the respect / confidence of Dimitri and Beth in view of the decisions he made.

All in all, the powers that be want him to go, he wants to go and his team probably don't have enough confidence in Harry to fight for him.

I think it looks bleak for Harry and I'm hoping that Ruth comes up with something really special to save him and get him back to how he used to be. She needs to for all our sakes as MI5 needs Harry and I want Peter Firth in Spooks !
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - harrbd - 26-11-2010 06:05 PM