Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
27-11-2010, 03:03 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(27-11-2010 11:30 AM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I have to say that in my opinion, just like some people say 'there can be no spooks without Harry' i think that 'there can be no Ruth in Spooks without Harry'. Not simply for the H/R element but i seriously doubt that if Harry left she'd be able to stick it out through more than two/three episode before up and leaving herself.

(Yes it would be interesting to see a new head of section D in spooks with Ruth still there... but i doubt if it was for the long haul she'd last more than a season at most before resigning).

I agree,
It also reminds me of the moment in 8.4 just after Jo dies, when Harry asks Ruth of Jo was the ONLY reason she returned. Of course Jo was part of the reason, but after Jo's death she could've left again, but she didn't, she stuck around and stayed to work on The Grid again, because of Harry being there. He's part of the reason she stayed, because at that time she'd lost so much so quickly, Harry was really the only thing in her life that made much sense... If that makes sense Wink
I still don't think she ever did blame him for what happened..and I also hope the George/Nico story doesn't crop up again in S10, there was enough of the guilt stuff in S9, it's really time to let Ruth move on Smile

Even if Harry was gone I don't think Ruth could take being there long without him
If Harry leaves, there's a part of Ruth that goes with him, I just don't think it would be the same, and the H/R element is part of what keep me watching Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 27-11-2010 03:03 PM