Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
27-11-2010, 04:20 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(27-11-2010 03:43 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  She will not let his career end in disgrace, I am sure. She will fight tooth and nail to save him, and play dirty if she needs too. I would love Ruth to find some dirt on someone high up, and use it against them to save Harry. But, possibly Harry never finds out what she did. I would also love to see Ruth sabotaging an operation, to ruin any new Head of Section D.

As you can see, the words originally used by Harry when asking Ruth to marry him, were even more unromantic! "Burnt pieces of Ros." Heavens Harry !! Way to get a woman to fall into your arms !

I have been thinking about that too. I think the tears at the end of 9.8 were a catharsis for her. About everything. Now, I'd really like to see her go to bat for Harry during the inquest. Thus turning the tables as it were. IMO, the only way Ruth would sabotage an operation is if it were not being handled honestly and with decency. Even for Harry. She still has to find out that Albany doesn't work and that there is to be an inquest into Harry at all. There's a whole episode right there!

As for the script, thanks for scanning that! I love that kind of stuff. I wonder who the catalyst was for cutting that bit: PF or the Director? Had they kept it, it would definitely have made Ruth response a bit more sympathetic.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 27-11-2010 04:20 PM