Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
27-11-2010, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2010 04:26 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(27-11-2010 03:43 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Good point. Jo was one of the reasons Ruth returned, but not the only reason. There were probably several reasons that included Harry though. She had no other home to go too.

Ruth, will not let Harry go or let him down again. I think she knows she let him down, by letting him go to Lucas like she did. She will not let his career end in disgrace, I am sure. She will fight tooth and nail to save him, and play dirty if she needs too. I would love Ruth to find some dirt on someone high up, and use it against them to save Harry. But, possibly Harry never finds out what she did. I would also love to see Ruth sabotaging an operation, to ruin any new Head of Section D.

Exactly, Jo convinced Ruth to return but she isn't the only reason and she's not the only reason Ruth chose to stay. After Jo died, it hit Ruth pretty hard but she had nowhere to run to, I remember Harry saying (whe it was mentioned for Ruth to return home) "She IS home" and I think he was right... there was no reason for her to go back to Cyprus... not any more

Oooh I hope she's doesn't let him down. I think whatever is coming Harry's way Ruth will fight for him, even if he gives up the fight himself.
And thats a good idea, about her digging up dirty on the higher Authority, although, I think she's fed up with all the lies, and somehow I don't think she could keep that from Harry forever, it's too much in her nature to tell the truth, lying really hurts her, and she can't take any more hurt
And yes, she still has to find out about Albany, unless that was in the mysteriously cut 48 hours

Oh my... that script ... thanks for scanning that Big Grin
Oh Harry, how unromantic is THAT! *shakes head*
I'm glad that was changed in the end,
I don't think poor Harry was in the right frame of mind to be asking that question at all... I think what was probably running through his head was
"If I ask I won't lose her again"... it seems to me he proposed out of fear not so much out of love and his explantion for why he was asking her at Ros's funeral was more of an excuse than a reason, and I'm with Ruth on this one 'Neither the time or the place'
When I first watched it I went into shock...Asking her to marry him... was fine.. but at a colleagues funeral?... oh dear Harry

Maybe in S10 he'll ask again only this time at the right moment...Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 27-11-2010 04:23 PM