Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
27-11-2010, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2010 06:15 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(27-11-2010 05:46 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  ...Perhaps at Lucas' funeral ?? If he gets down on one knee, with a ring, and leaves out the bit about scraping bits of Lucas off the Ford Datson, he may just stand a chance this time Wink

Welcome binkie to this super thread. I think the base reason that people want them to be happy and a couple, is that they have been through so much unhappiness and sacrificed so much, for their colleagues and their country. They are both a little older, and time is getting shorter. They deserve to be with the one they love, before there is no time left.

I think both put each other up on a pedestal to start with. I think Harry always loved Ruth for mind, body, and soul. I think with Ruth, it was more soul to start with. I think Ruth is still on the pedestal for Harry, and always will be, no matter what she does. For Ruth, I think Harry is more her equal now and she has seen the cracks forming in series 9, some of which she has not liked.

It is also great TV, super to watch, and something to look forward to for the rest of the year. You rarely get such chemistry on TV. Maybe it was there with Gene and Alex in Ashes, Niles and Daphnie in Fraser, but not to such a degree.

Haha perfect! Wink

Exactly, everything they've both been through, in the end they deserve some happiness at least.

I think Harry is still in love with Ruth, not the idea... he's always loved her, it just took a huge shove from Juliet of all people to make him realise it. With Ruth I agree it started as soul, she had so much respect for Harry and then as time went on, ended up falling for him,
But Ruth was always the one who seemed to shy away from the emotion back especially in S5, now in S8-9 she's warming to it more, because now she knows that he loves her and she knows him. Remember Ruth was the one who asked him not to say those words in 5.5, it seems as though she was scared of it... but in S8 and 9, not so much

I would love to see their relationship move forward in S10...*Contemplates the idea of locking them in Harry's office and chucking the key* Wink
It's moved forward in S8 and S9, but the will they/ Wont they only works to an extent and then gets repetitive... I don't know if I could watch another Series of it
But if they were a couple, I'm not sure how it would be written at all, the only real Grid based couple I've seen was Adam and Fiona, usualy our Spooks guys get hooked up with the CIA haha

Ahhh yes Gene and Alex... probably tied as my favourite TV couple at the moment along side Ruth and Harry... lets hope Ruth and Harry get a happier ending than Gene and Alex did though... it's been what 5 months now? I'm still angry at the ending Wink
Chemistry like H/R and G/A is difficult to find on TV these days, it's as much down to the actors (More so in H/R's case) than the writters...
I think thought the Chemistry with Ruth and Harry is more subtle and hidden, it's not fiery in any way it's just there... Smile I think someone said on the S2 DVD H/R are soul mates... which then developed into something more Smile

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 27-11-2010 06:09 PM