Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
28-11-2010, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2010 12:07 AM by Beatriz.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I don't think I can find a reason back up my adoration for this couple, as Silktie said, you get invested in certain characters, because somewhat you see yourself in them or they get your simpathy, there's no explanation you just feel it.

I love their akwardness, the difficulty they find to deal with the other, I see this so sad, heartbreaking and at the same time sweet and endearing.

I also love their relationship development. At first it was more idealisation, I'm partly glad Ruth left and then came back, this made them evolve, as some of you have mention, she now sees Harry in a different way, they are more honest with each other, sometimes brutally honest...

(27-11-2010 06:32 PM)Silktie Wrote:  As to whether Harry is in love with the idea of Ruth rather than with Ruth herself, I posit that it is impossible for one human being to fully know another human being. We all have pictures of the other people in our lives in our heads, but that picture is always our own view of that person, and can never be a fully accurate picture. I think both of them had more idealised views of each other before Ruth left, but that has changed since she's come back, and now they are more aware of the other's shortcomings.
I totally agree with this, not even us have a proper image of ourselves...

(27-11-2010 04:47 PM)binkie Wrote:  Do we really think that Harry is right for Ruth, or even good for her, just because he loves her? What would Ruth get out of a long term emotional relationship with Harry except the knowledge that she is loved? She had this kind of relationship with George, and it does not seem to have been what she needed.

The thing is that you don't choose who you love, I love Harry and Ruth, I didn't choose it, it just happened Tongue
And if a relationship with a person, that doesn't mean it won't work with another... Ruth loves Harry, why would she have given everything for saving Harry's job? I can't remember who said it in this thread but the one who wrote it explained it perfectly: She loved George but she wasn't in love with him. That's the main difference, so I don't think we can compare the relationship she had with George (which was working, IMO, until those bad men came to their house) with the future relationship she can have with Harry (fingers crossed).

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Beatriz - 28-11-2010 12:02 AM