Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
28-11-2010, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2010 12:17 AM by Kirayuki.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(28-11-2010 12:02 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  I don't think I can find a reason back up my adoration for this couple, as Silktie said, you get invested in certain characters, because somewhat you see yourself in them or they get your simpathy, there's no explanation you just feel it.

I love their akwardness, the difficulty they find to deal with the other, I see this so sad, heartbreaking and at the same time sweet and endearing.

I also love their relationship development. At first it was more idealisation, I'm partly glad Ruth left and then came back, this made them evolve, as some of you have mention, she now sees Harry in a different way, they are more honest with each other, sometimes brutally honest...

Bingo!
If i'd have tried breaking it down i would have attempted to say the same thing. Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Tongue

I also strongly agree with the statement that you can't really choose who you like in the end and that your view of yourself (and some events in your life) can be seen reflected in some characters more than others; which will obviously affect this 'non-decision'.

They become easier to empathise with if you see yourself in them. You become sort of attached and really wish them the best. Smile

(You see, this is why i try to not explain this issue in my own words... i sound like a moron. Tongue)

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 28-11-2010 12:16 AM