Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
28-11-2010, 06:34 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(28-11-2010 05:20 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  
(28-11-2010 04:55 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  And a small epiphany in re-watching 9.8 with Ruth's line "it was unfair of you to love me." She had just referred to all those who had died before. I think she is referring to Ros, Jo, Adam, Zaf, Colin and Danny. I wonder if she is not saying that it is unfair to her for him to love her, but it was unfair to them. Thoughts?

I thought she was referring to them too. She may have been hinting it was unfair to her to be removed from the situation they'd all faced... however i think that the view of it being unfair to them is what i picked up on when i saw it. Especially considering my earlier comment about how much Ruth respects and concerns for her old colleagues.

To me, it felt like Ruth was saying that everyday they put their own people on the front lines and everyday they stand there in defense of the Queen and Country and can be offered up as sacrifices for the greater good, and Harry has been willing to take the risks and consequences losing any of his agents, but he didn't with Ruth, and to Ruth, in that moment, it was unfair of Harry to make her different than any of the others who have given their lives to this service, to make her anymore special than those who have died. I think she was meaning that it was rather an insult to their memories to single her out to be special enough to be saved but the others were not.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 28-11-2010 06:34 PM